Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The RACE is on...!

We have started our journey to raise money to take Dan to China for stem cell treatment! Many, many thanks to the Schenk Family who surprised Dan at our family reunion with a silent fundraiser for him! They are an amazing group of people who got together (unbeknownst to Dan) and went to work to raise some money for Dan's medical expenses in China. They have given us hope that we can realize this goal and help Dan focus once again on recovery and improvement. Thank you Schenk Family-- we love you all!!

Here are some of Dan's comments to his Uncle Bruce about the fundraiser:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncle Bruce, I don't know what to say other than 'THANK YOU' to all my Dear Family... I didn't know HOW I was going to come up with the money... It sure was good to see all the family who were able to come. Because of my family, I have HOPE now...... I had no idea what was happening. I caught LaNae making a secretive call to Janelle. It was truly touching to me to feel the love of the Great Schenk Family (including my Mother and Grandpa) as Love and Words were put into action.

I am truly grateful for what is taking place. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Love, Dan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncle Bruce, I'm not usually a ball baby - but almost every time I think about all the people and each one I start crying... I am so grateful to everyone for being willing to give up some of their means to make it possible for me to make my life a little better. I wish there was a way I could thank each of them...

I feel much love right now. Thank you - I thank everyone.

With all my love,
Dan - who's going to China!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a difference it makes to have the support and love of others -- many thanks to the Schenk Family for helping us get started on our journey to recovery!!

No comments: